“Light of Tomorrow” is the overall theme of the International VELUX Award. The award seeks to challenge the future of daylight in the built environment with an open-minded and experimental approach. Therefore, the Award seeks to widen the boundaries of daylight in architecture, including aesthetics, functionality, sustainability, and the interaction between buildings and environment.
The Award is not restricted to the use of VELUX products.
The Award contains no specific categories, but entries may focus on:
- Concepts with focus on sunlight as a natural source of light and energy
- The contribution of daylight to high visual quality and interior comfort that support people’s lives and living conditions
- The rethinking of daylight in urban or suburban living contexts
- The importance of sunlight and daylight for sustainable architecture that takes into account the rhythm and balance of nature
- Abstract concepts like daylight vs. artificial light, day vs. night, in vs. out etc.