All award entries for the International VELUX Award 2018 will be reviewed by an international jury. The jury will be comprised of internationally renowned architects and architectural media, including representatives from UIA, and represents different cultural backgrounds, nationalities, and approaches to architecture.
The jury will evaluate the projects in accordance with the following criteria:
- The work with daylighting as a premise for architecture.
- How the project is researched and documented.
- How the project addresses contemporary and future challenges.
- The level of experimentation and innovation.
- The overall graphic presentation of the project, how the project presents itself.
All award entries are reviewed by an international jury and their election of the winners is based on the above criteria.
Past jury members 2004-2016
Since 2004, the following architects have been part of the jury; Glenn Murcutt, Craig Dykers, Ole Bouman, Ahmet Gülgönen, John Pawson, James F. Horan, Kengo Kuma, Per Olaf Fjeld, Roisin Heneghan, Omar Rabie, Douglas Steidl, Hani Rashid, Enrique Browne, Eva Jiricna, Huat Lim, Francis Nordemann, Momoyo Kaijima, Natalie de Vries, Will Bruder, Magda Mostafa, Stefano Musso, Alvaro Siza Viera, Peter Stutchmury, Brigitte Shim, Juan Miró, Catherine Slessor, Omar Gandhi, Christine Murray, Zbigniew Reszka, Francesco Veenstra and Per Arnold Andersen.